Performing Under Pressure: How to Manage Stress in the Workplace
Learning to de-stress at work while putting out multiple fires is easier said than done.
Yet, it’s critical as a leader - whom your team looks to you for reassurance and guidance - to tackle this stress head-on and continue to drive your business.
The best way to get ahead of stress before it snowballs?
Answer: Acknowledge stress the moment we feel it and make it work for you, not against you.
Tackle the stress before it tackles you.
In this 60-minute, interactive training, you’ll learn tactical tips for acknowledging, reframing, and managing stress:
- Recognize your emotions and leverage them to be a more empathetic leader
- Re-frame your perspective to be an actionable leader
- Manage your stress with coping mechanisms that make you a resilient leader
- Lead on with lessons learned from your stressful experiences to be a wise leader (you’ll thank yourself the next time a similar situation arises)
Learn how you can quickly defuse a stressful situation:
- 3 easy-to-practice ways to immediately reduces stress for yourself and your employees
- Professional ways to ease a stressful situation involving employees
- Tips to manage a team with empathy when stressful situations arise
Proven practices for stress management that you can use at any time:
- Daily practices to maintain a positive mindset and get a stronger grip on stress
- Actionable steps to overcome feeling overwhelmed
- Strategies to prevent exhaustion and burnout
Time to re-focus – Push forward with a practical and actionable plan:
- Practices to re-gain your composure, gain clarity, and move forward more confident than before
- How to look at the situation from an objective perspective to make the best decisions under pressure
- Actionable ways to gain perspective and lead with logic
About the Speaker
Julie Ostrow teaches organizations to use improv skills to improve Creativity, Communication, Team Building, Problem Solving, and Productivity with their clients and within their organizations. Trained at The Second City in Chicago, Julie teaches the benefits of using humor, laughter, and improv in all aspects of our lives, including in the workplace.
- Through Julie's interactive, one-of-a-kind programs, participants learn unique skills for improving creativity, communication, team building, problem solving, and productivity. They become better equipped to connect with clients, staff members, and the community.
- Having more than 20 years of corporate marketing communications experience, Julie is able to identify the trigger points of miscommunication and low morale in the corporate culture. By infusing her corporate experience with her unique set of tools, Julie is able to guide organizations to becoming more cohesive, resulting in a more positive environment, re-inspired team members, and increased productivity.
This interactive workshop is all about reducing the overwhelming feeling of stress and moving forward smarter and more productively. Not only will you experience more control over stress, but you’ll also discover how to empower others and set a positive example during stressful situations.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios