Crucial Leadership Skills for Women: Financial Acumen to Drive Results
Women professionals receive training on leadership and communication skills, however frequently miss out on training for business and financial acumen, a crucial skill set needed to help move a business forward. This skill set is often referred to as the missing 33% in women's leadership development. Without a clear understanding of strategic business and financial concepts, women lose out on key career and leadership opportunities. How can you develop the key skills needed to grow your career and demonstrate the financial know-how to affect business decisions? Join us to learn:
- How to assess your company's financial health: Seeing the big picture
- Keys to making strategic business decisions based on financial reports
- Critical financial concepts you need to know: Ensure business success
- How to create financial forecasts & ensure you're able to meet your goals
- Financial acumen as business leadership: Taking ownership of outcomes
Understanding Financial Statements: What Do the Numbers Tell You?
- Reading & analyzing your company's income statements
- What conclusions can you draw from your company's profit & loss statement?
- Critical components of balance sheets and cash flow statements
Key Financial Concepts Women Professionals Need to Know for Success
- Identify economic signals that'll help you to make more informed decisions
- Better understand directive that come from finance & management
- How to "think finance" and translate performance into financial terms
- Tips for conversing more effectively with finance & operations staff
Using Financial Acumen for Strategic Business Decision-making
- Ways to effectively use financial statements to make better decisions
- Making financial performance part of daily management practices
- Keys to determining your company's economic & financial performance
Keys to determining your company's economic & financial performance
About the Speaker
Clare Novak is author of EBIT-Duh Finance for the HR Professional and the ATD InfoLine Making the Financial Case for Performance Improvement .
- She has conducted numerous workshops and webinars on finance within companies and for a variety of professional organizations.
- Finance is one part of her work in leadership development, in which she has over 25 years' experience.
- Ms. Novak is an award winning, international consultant, author and speaker. She has address five international conferences and works in the US, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
In this 60-minute webinar, you will discover the key concepts of business and financial acumen. Acquiring this skillset, which is often overlooked in leadership training, will enable you to make better business decisions, drive performance and growth and become a high-level leader.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios