Avoiding Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers
As women, we usually want to be the "nice girl" and say "yes" to each new task or project we are asked to do, but we can’t do it all – nor should we. How and why do women unconsciously sabotage their careers? And what can you do about it? Join us for a 60-minute program where you and your team will discover:
- The kinds of risks professionally respected women must take everyday
- Why you shouldn’t obediently follow instructions – and what you should do instead
- Ways to use body language to project confidence and credibility
- How to break the cycle of working nonstop without a break
- Proven ways to stop giving in when you know you are right
The Cure for "Nice Girl" Syndrome: Your Career Depends on It
- How to be assertive without having others fear you
- Preventing others from stopping you from reaching your goals
- How to say “no” when your plate is already full
Keys to Boosting Your Credibility in the Workplace
- Tips for reacting professionally - not emotionally in business situations
- How to appear confident – even when you don’t feel it inside
- Proven strategies you can use to replace self-defeating behaviors
- Success tips to get ahead without sacrificing your femininity
Moving Your Career Forward: Tips Women Need to Know
- Why successful women derail and how to get back on track
- Best practices for handling people who try to hold you back
- Creating your own definition of who you want to be
Question and Answer Sessions - Get professional advice to overcome your specific workplace behavior that may be holding you back!
Pamela Jett is an internationally recognized presenter and author on developing leadership skills and improving workplace relationships. Her background includes:
- Ms. Jett has worked with clientele ranging from the high-tech sector and manufacturing to women's groups and government agencies.
- Pamela has served clients such as Lockheed Martin, Allstate Insurance, Sony, The United Way, NASA, plus many other notable organizations.
- She is the developer of several learning programs including "Communicate with Confidence: A Woman's Guide" and "Mind Your Own Business: A Career Management System."
- Her programs take participants beyond theory to hands-on application for immediate results
In trying to do it all, women professionals are often their own worst enemy. In this 60-minute program learn the top offenses women commit that holds themselves back, and how to avoid it so you can move your career forward.
Frequently Asked Questions
|How do I register?||What if I lose my access information?|
|What is Webinar Training?||Can more than one person listen in?|
|Do I need special equipment?||When do I get the program materials?|
|How does the question and answer session work?|
How do I register?
Click here for the online registration form or call us at 800-964-6033.
What is Webinar Training?
Webinar training is a live event that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker, and interactive question & answer period.back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts rovided in advance.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
When do I get the program materials?
Approximately 3-5 days before the webinar, you will be e-mailed a link where you can download the presentation materials.back to top
How does the question and answer session work?
During the webinar, you can chat your questions in the chat box. Also, the moderator will instruct you to ask questions at the end.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – J. Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios