- Current Course
- Learning With Us
- Leadership Certificate
- Core Courses
- Elective Courses
- Passionate Fans
Techniques for Developing Your Leadership Style(WLC 305) Course access begins Wednesday, June 1, 2016 Expert Presentation (Live) on Monday, June 6, 2016 from 1 PM to 2 PM EST
Leadership is needed at every level - you don’t have to a manager to be a leader. Women at any level of an organization can be an effective leader with the right skills and techniques. Successful leaders behave differently; they exhibit specific behavioral styles. This course will show you the behavioral styles of successful leaders, and help you find your own leadership style to move ahead in your career. In this highly informative course you will learn:
- Critical leadership skills and techniques for women professionals
- Key leadership styles - and the strengths and challenges of each
- Your own personal leadership style and how to make it work for you
- Ways to improve communication and interact more effectively
Leadership Styles of Successful Women Professionals: What’s Yours?
- Proven and effective leadership styles in today’s workplace
- Keys to finding your own personal leadership style
- Identifying what motivates you - and what causes you stress
Using Your Own Leadership Style: Putting Your Strengths to Work
- Putting your leadership style to work to accomplish tasks and get more done
- Stepping into leadership - how others perceive you and why it matters
- Effective communication techniques for any situation
Understanding Other’s Styles: Keys to Effective Communication
- Identifying the behavioral and leadership styles of those you work with
- Tips for reacting to different leadership styles and improving communication
- Discovering the most effective way to interact with each leadership style
Live Question & Answer Session – have your specific questions on leadership styles answered
Our Expert Instructor
Colleen Slaughter, founder of Authentic Leadership International, blends an energetic delivery style with her vast international business experience to propel audiences to cultivate greater authenticity and fulfillment at home and in the workplace.
- As a speaker, Colleen is powerfully committed to showing others how to achieve greatness. Her dynamic background enables her to speak authoritatively on a variety of key topics, including leadership, change management, and organization development.
- Colleen uses an innovative approach during her presentations to engender lively, engaging discussions among audience members. Colleen’s international focus allows her to serve the widely expanding market of emerging women leaders.
A CONVENIENT AND IMPACTFUL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Our carefully selected courses give women professionals like you tools and techniques to advance your career, while helping you make your organization more competitive, productive, and profitable. You get timely, relevant information and practical strategies that you can immediately apply. Best of all, you can complete your training right from your office or home.
HIGH-QUALITY TRAINING WITHOUT THE HIGH COST
For only $349, you get exclusive online access to:
- Live presentation from leading women experts
- Convenient on-line training - no classrooms or travel
- Supplementary assignments to enhance learning
- Interactive discussions to network with your peers
- Personalized feedback on course activities
- Real-time Q&A with instructors
You have up to 10 days to complete the course. When you do, you will earn one of four credits needed towards your Women in Leadership Certificate.
If you can't attend the live event, the presentation will be posted to our learning platform within 24 hours.
Learning With Us
Our courses are set up so you can complete coursework online in a format that is convenient for busy women managing multiple projects at work and at home. Each course is comprised of live interactive instruction from a topic expert, articles and videos, exercises to put your new skills to work and a proprietary online discussion forum with expert instructor feedback and peer networking opportunities.Learning assignments and materials are available online 24/7 to be completed any time of day that best fits YOUR schedule.
- Live-Instructor Lead Training: Each course contains a live training in the first week. Presentations are delivered by women that are industry experts, best-selling authors, lawyers, and respected leaders, covering the most recent, relevant topics impacting professional women today.
- Reading Assignments and Exercises: Further your course work and improve retention of what you've learned with supporting reading assignments and exercises that are evaluated by an experienced instructor. Readings and assignments are conveniently accessible online 24/7.
- Discussions: Each student has the opportunity to discuss and debate topics with your peers in an interactive setting, with feedback facilitated by your instructor.
With each course program you will receive:
- Convenient, on-line training you can do right from your office or home
- Actionable leadership tools you can put to use today
- Opportunities to network with women peers to share experiences and make connections
- Hands-on learning activities that help retain more, making the most of your time
- Live, expert instruction from today's leading women professionals
- One-on-one, direct feedback and support as you progress through each course
- Mobile access that makes learning even easier, where ever you are
Live presentations and discussion sessions are conducted online. Follow-along PowerPoint presentations and additional course materials are made available through downloadable PDFs.
Should you have any questions along the way, your course instructor and a dedicated student services team are available to assist you via email and phone.
Success Is Priceless
Continuing education may be the best investment you can make in yourself, and your career. Our courses increase your knowledge, enhance your job performance, add credentials to your resume and ultimately make you a stronger candidate for growth opportunities.
Our Certificate programs are competitively priced at $349 per core course and $199 per elective course. All course materials and personalized feedback are included. There are no administrative or technology fees.
It is proven education will only increase your value in the workplace. Many companies offer educational funding assistance for employees working to acquire advanced knowledge and training. Some employers will cover partial or full costs. Check with your human resources department for details on your company's educational funding assistance policy.
Continuing education expenses often qualify for a tax deduction, particularly if the courses you're taking are directly related to your field. Check with your accountant or visit http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc513.html for more details.
Regardless of where you work, women face a unique set of challenges and obstacles in the workplace that their male counterparts may never have had to deal with or relate. Whether it's trying to get to the next level in your career, or getting your ideas heard, women typically have to work harder - and smarter - to advance.
By earning a Women in Leadership Certificate you will be up-to-date on the most important skills, techniques, best practices, and information to effectively lead and communicate with others in your organization. You will be able to immediately apply the tools you learn to improve productivity and performance with defined and measurable results.
Benefits for the Individual Woman:
By participating in our certificate program you will:
- Accelerate your career with leadership skills women professionals need to smash through the glass ceiling and get ahead in today's workplace
- Develop assertive communication skills that will help you speak up with confidence and authority and get your message heard - without having to sacrifice your femininity
- Build credibility and influence with techniques that win over even the most difficult people in any office - and without coming across as "bossy"
- Network and share experiences with a community of women leaders and peers who have been in the trenches too, and understand where you're coming from
- Become an innovative leader for change and growth in your organization using your own unique skills and strengths
- Gain balance in your life so you can excel at work and at home, and increase your satisfaction in both
- Get an inside look of what it takes to succeed from top women professionals
Benefits for Employers
With our certificate program your organization will:
- Empower your female leaders with the skills they need to effectively manage and motivate
- Keep your top women performers: demonstrate the value you place on your female employees by investing in their professional development
- Increase productivity with essential communication and leadership skills that utilize the unique qualities women bring to an organization
- Create strategic thinkers that lead change and bottom-line growth through stronger connections with both male and female peers
- Build a stronger workplace culture that supports the advancement of women within the organization and provides further career opportunities
Boost your own job performance, security and stature with our online leadership certificate program created by leading women professionals and experts today. You will earn your Women in Leadership Certificate by completing 4 expert level core courses plus 1 elective course developed specifically for women professionals.
Leadership Core Courses
Advance your career with courses we have carefully selected to provide women professionals with the leadership and communication skills needed to succeed in today's workplace. You will earn your Women in Leadership Certificate by completing 4 core courses and 1elective course.
Negotiating Skills: How to Ask for - and Get - What You Want (WLC 302)
Asking for what you want is hard, actually getting it is even harder. Negotiating is an essential tool women can utilize to get what they need from others to move forward with a project, or their career. Learn how to identify your objectives, plan your negotiating strategy, and break deadlocks to come out ahead. We provide tools for each stage of negotiation, and tips for overcoming the reluctance to ask for what you want.
Effective Communication Skills for Professional Growth (WLC 303)
Assertiveness and confidence are winning attributes of top professionals, but many women are reluctant to voice their opinion, especially when dealing with conflict or uncomfortable situations. Learn to communicate with powerful words women should use, how to get through tough conversations, and keys to prevent difficult situations from escalating.
Powerful Presentation Skills of Top Women Professionals (WLC 304)
Whether it's standing at a podium, presenting in large meetings or just one-on-one, strong presentation skills are essential for women that want to advance. To stand-out today, women need to present themselves in a way that breaks through conventional attitudes. Master techniques to deliver engaging presentations, tackle nerves, gain support for your ideas, and develop a dynamic speaking style.
Techniques for Developing Your Leadership Style (WLC 305)
You don't have to be in management to be a leader. Women at any level of an organization can become an effective leader with the right skills and techniques. Successful leaders behave differently; they exhibit different behavioral styles. This program will show you the behavioral styles of effective leaders, and help you find your own leadership style to move ahead in your career.
Leadership Elective Courses
If you are completing a Women in Leadership Certificate, in addition to 4 core courses you are required to complete 1 elective course. Elective courses cover specific areas allowing you to go more in depth into topics that mean the most to you. You are only required to view and listen to the presentation - there is no discussion or additional assignments. An elective course is a full length presentation with printable notes and earns 1 credit toward a Women in Leadership Certificate.
How Good Managers Become Great Leaders (WLC 401)
Top women leaders of today will tell you the secret to their success is balancing the right amount of management and leadership skills. Knowing the difference between being a manager and being a leader is a crucial step to moving your career to the next level. Highlights:
- How your power and authority can be helpful - and when it can be destructive
- When your team expects you to lead vs. manage - what's the difference?
- Advanced motivation skills to turn around declining moral
- Communication skills top women leaders use in the toughest situations
- How to perfect your strategic thinking to get to the next level
Speaker: Pamela Jett
Keys to Success in BOTH Work and Life (WLC 402)
Are you suffering from "Super Woman" syndrome - trying to excel in your professional role while getting it all done at home? With the right tools, you can find balance to manage challenges at work and at home. Highlights:
- Take more control and delineate the lines between work and home
- Exceed expectations of clients and employers, while managing the home front
- Beat burnout from juggling demands of both your professional and personal lives
- Exercise your options to get more flexibility and support in the workplace
- Prioritize what's important to gain more time - and get your life back
Speaker: Tara Powers
Do's and Don'ts for Handling Difficult Conversations (WLC 403)
Have you ever put off having a tough conversation because you had no idea of what to say, or the nerve to say it? If so, you are not alone. For many women professionals, the thought of delivering bad news or criticism makes us feel anxious and uncomfortable. Highlights:
- What to say and what to avoid when having tricky conversations
- It's not personal: keys to delivering criticism professionally
- Tips for appearing confident and credible during tough discussions
- How to master your emotions even when others can't
- Articulating what needs to be said when your career is on the line
Speaker: Pamela Jett
How to Increase Your Influence and Visibility (WLC 404)
Many women professionals struggle with having their hard work recognized at the office. Are you frustrated with trying to get buy-in for your ideas in meetings? Wish someone would show you ways to become more visible, and gain the seat at the table you aspire to? Highlights:
- Capitalize on your own unique skills and strengths to stand out
- Identify professional goals, and what it takes to get there
- Expand and deepen visibility in the workplace
- Build credibility and influence to get a seat at the table
Speaker: Colleen Slaughter
Delegating Skills that Get Results (WLC 405)
It's no secret - clear communication is one of the most important skills a professional woman must possess to advance. To thrive as a leader, women must be able to use clear and powerful communication to give instructions, provide helpful and corrective feedback, and delegate in a way that yields results. Highlights:
- How to deliver instructions with authority - without seeming pushy
- Keys to building buy-in and support for your projects
- Tips for dealing with difficult people and winning them over
- Effective ways to give and receive criticism without taking it personally
Speaker: Pamela Jett
Boost Your Success: How Today's Top Women Use Creativity and Innovation (WLC 406)
Women bring a unique set of skills to the workplace that makes us an integral part of the creative process. With the right tools and techniques, you'll be a driving force for innovation and creativity in your organization, taking it to the next level. Highlights:
- The seven key principles for leading innovation you need to know
- Why improving creativity at work propels your career forward
- How to maximize the creative potential of individuals and teams
- Six steps to build an environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- 10 specific techniques for being more creative and innovative in your work
Speaker: Tara Powers
Gaining Power and Credibility with Emotional Intelligence (WLC 407)
Effective leadership is built on Emotional Intelligence (EI). Women leaders engage more with managers and employees to achieve better balance and are set up to succeed more at work if they understand Emotional Intelligence. In this training you will gain in-depth knowledge and the practical Emotional Intelligence skills you need to ensure that you are a strong and emotionally intelligent leader. Highlights:
- What Emotional Intelligence is and why is it crucial to your career
- How to manage your anxieties and self-doubts as a leader
- Ways to be more confident and decisive with decision-making techniques
- Steps to create cohesive teams that understand how to apply emotional intelligence
Speaker: Pamela Jett
Get Organized, Get Productive, Get Promoted (WLC 408)
Productivity is the key ingredient for your professional growth and development. When you're equipped with the right tools, the right plan, and the right attitude, you will rightfully take your place as one of the most inspiring professional women within your organization. Highlights:
- How women can turn chaos into momentum when everything happens at once
- How to reap the benefits of better planning to get more done
- Why deadlines get missed - and how to make sure they won't be again
- Specific tips to organize your work area for improved efficiency
Speaker: Patty Kreamer
Avoiding Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers (WLC 409)
As women, we usually want to be the "nice girl" and say "yes" to each new task or project we are asked to do, but we can't do it all - nor should we. How and why do women unconsciously sabotage their careers? And what can you do about it? Highlights:
- The kinds of risks professionally respected women must take everyday
- Why you shouldn't obediently follow instructions - and what you should do instead
- Ways to use body language to project confidence and credibility
- How to break the cycle of working nonstop without a break
- Proven ways to stop giving in when you know you are right
Speaker: Pamela Jett
Coaching Skills to Build Better Relationships (WLC 410)
Coaching is a core competency in today's high performance workplace. Successful women professionals understand coaching is an essential means of strengthening working relationships with employees, colleagues and bosses so everyone can achieve more. Highlights:
- Build trust and respect with associates up and down the ladder
- Use a step-by-step formula for coaching chronic behavior into winning habits
- Work with employees and superiors to find solutions together
- Motivate and improve the productivity of your team
Speaker: Carol Hacker
Effective Leadership Skills for Women: Key to Professional Growth
From the front-line worker to the CEO, effective leadership skills are essential for women looking to motivate those around them and build buy-in for their ideas. Strong leadership skills are what will take you to the next level of your professional development. Highlights:
- Attributes of effective leaders, and how you can develop them yourself
- What you can do to gain support for your ideas up and down the ladder
- Tips to build a strong team and get them excited about your projects
- How to lead from a base of facts, data and passion - not emotion
Speaker: Mildred Munjanganja
Critical Skills for Business Networking Today (WLC 412)
For women, successful networking is based on building strong relationships and rapport with people that will support you as you grow in your career. How do you develop these strong connections? Highlights:
- Build your network and professional credibility
- Motivate people to want to help you - by bringing value to them
- Show people how they can most effectively help you
- Develop a networking process to get the results you want
Speaker: Michelle R. Donovan
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are specialized courses so important today?
- Why do companies encourage obtaining a Certificate?
- Why study with us?
- What are the courses like?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I get started?
- What is your refund policy?
- How are course materials delivered?
- What browser do you recommend I use when participating in the courses?
- How can I get help with technical support?
1. Why are specialized courses so important today?
Saving Money: In today's ever-changing business environment, women need the most up-to-date knowledge and practices to save your organization money, advance your career and achieve your professional and personal goals.
Best Practices: Best practices change every year or two because of technological, legal and regulatory changes to name a few. If you are not up to date on the latest developments, you are falling behind. Improving your knowledge and skills is the best way for you to be appreciated and indispensable.
2. Why do companies encourage obtaining a Certificate?
Employers increasingly view continuous learning as a necessary strategic investment to improve performance and save costs. Organizations recognize they must increase the knowledge and skill set of their workforce to adapt to changing needs and increase employee productivity.
3. Why study with us?
Immediately Applicable: There is no other program like it. We offer the best professional education: expert content, dynamic programs and convenient delivery. Every course includes a rich learning experience with engaging assignments, dynamic interaction, networking opportunities, regular access to instructors, classmates, and the nation's leading experts in their field.
We offer a unique approach and extraordinary opportunity for our students. We are committed to providing you with the information you need in a format that is accessible and convenient to your busy schedule.
Relevant: Our curriculum includes only the most relevant information and training specific to the day-to-day challenges and aspirations of professional women. Course content is delivered by leading industry experts rather than career academics.
Practical: Our Certificate is developed expressly for women professionals to improve on-the-job performance for your organization and enhance your career dramatically.
Flexible Course assignments and materials are completed online. You choose the best time of day or night to do your coursework.
Highest Quality Our instructors are leading experts in their field. Course materials and lectures are packed with impactful solutions, valuable suggestions, and pitfalls to avoid.
Convenient Live lecture, course materials and assignments are available on the web. You never have to travel to class.
Interactive: Through our live lectures, Q&A and discussion boards, you have an opportunity to interact and network with women at other organizations who are confronting the very same challenges you face.
4. What are the courses like?
Dynamic: Courses are comprised of expert-led, live training, practical exercises, assignments, interactive discussion boards and Q&As. Up-to-date knowledge involves interactive learning with the focus on both teaching and effective applied learning with active participation so each student's needs are met. The heart of the program is the interaction among students, instructors, industry experts and advisors. This active participation allows you to absorb and retain new knowledge and skills, and immediately put them into practice.
Engaging: Presentations and lectures are led by experts in the field - successful professionals who've authored books, won awards and been leading speakers at national conferences. Discussions are moderated and assignments are reviewed by experienced instructors and professionals. Interaction with classmates and instructors leads to great networking opportunities.
Convenient and Flexible: All course work in done online from your office or home. You can do assignments and complete coursework online at night, on weekends or whenever is convenient. All you need is a computer with Internet access and a media player program. Most students find that about two-three hours per week of study is sufficient to succeed.
5. How much does it cost?
The Women in Leadership Certificate program is competitively priced at $349 per core course and $199 per elective course. To complete the certificate you take 4 core courses and 1 elective course. All learning materials are included and there are no additional hidden fees. Plus, you may be eligible for funding assistance through your employer or an IRS tax break.
6. How do I get started?
Call toll-free 1-877-477-1755 to speak to a Course Advisor or email us email@example.com to request more information.
7. What is your refund policy?
If you don't feel the information provided in our courses helps you do your job better, simply contact us within 5 days after starting your course and we'll refund every penny. This is a risk-free investment.
8. How are course materials delivered?
All course materials (lectures and learning materials) are delivered via a username and password login. When you have paid in full for a course, an email is sent to you within 24 hours with the course access date that contains your username and password login information. Once you have logged in you have the ability to download your course materials immediately from our web site.
9. What browser do you recommend I use when participating in the courses?
In order to provide you with the best experience possible, our recommended browsers for quality performance are Chrome (28 and higher), Firefox (11 and higher), and Safari (6 and higher). Our programs are compatible with Internet Explorer (version 10 and higher); however, using Internet Explorer is not recommended as errors do occur. We also recommend checking the test link included in the welcome email you will receive prior to course access to ensure your browser is compatible with the program. As always, we are here to assist you in accessing your course as quickly as possible.
10. How can I get help with technical support?
We appreciate your business and want your learning experience with us to be outstanding. If you need help for any reason, please contact us by phone at: 1-877-477-1755 and one of our customer service advisors will be happy to assist you during normal business hours (8:30 to 5:00 eastern time). If you encounter a problem after hours or on the weekend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up with you as soon as possible. Please tell us what course you're taking and include any error messages you receive in your email request.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios
Wednesday, June 1, 2016 Course Price: $349.00 This course earns one credit toward a Women in Leadership Certificate
- Live training with Q&A
- On-line materials
- Convenient, 10 day courses
- Personalized feed-back
- No classrooms or travel
Women in Leadership Certificate Core Courses
Take all 4 plus 1 Elective for Certificate
- Negotiation Skills
- Communication & Conflict
- Powerful Presentations
- Leadership Style