Manage Conflict & Defuse Tension:
Strategies for a Drama-Free Workplace
Conflict in the workplace is inevitable, but it doesn’t have to be dramatic, or even necessarily a bad thing.
A little tension can push people out of their comfort zones and a little challenge can boost performance.
Of course, it's not always that easy.
Whether you’re the one facing workplace conflict or you’re the one mediating - this engaging workshop will offer strategies and techniques you can apply to find common ground, resolve personality conflicts, and smooth tension while improving overall performance and maintaining professional relationships.
Join us to learn:
- How to identify – and handle – different communication styles in the heat of the moment
- The most important elements of self-awareness and productive conflict
- Tips on how to manage conflict more effectively and with less stress
- How to defuse tough situations and reach positive outcomes no matter how high tensions get
How to manage workplace conflict more effectively before it derails you or your team
- Understand your team's conflict styles and the best way to communicate through tension
- Reframe conflicts and negativity in a way that facilitates productive conversation
- Learn how to master the interplay between thoughts, feelings, and responses
Strategies and techniques to bring out the best in yourself and others
- Understand the cost - and benefits - of conflict on your workplace relationships
- Discover the difference between conflict resolution and productive tension
- How to use constructive responses that build trust and respect
How to compromise and reach better outcomes when tension is high
- Learn how to reach solutions that let everyone walk away feeling satisfied and heard
- Give solid feedback that motivates others to see things differently or challenge their way of thinking
- Navigate communications with difficult people and challenging personality types
About the Speaker
Nancy Schnoebelen Imbs is an empowering leadership and professional development consultant. Highly dedicated and results oriented, she has the skill and passion to help individuals become more confident and successful in business and beyond. Nancy combines her communications expertise with a pragmatic approach in a variety of skill areas including verbal, written and nonverbal communications, emotional intelligence, time management, and working with teams. She helps clients focus on key adjustments that result in meaningful, tangible results.
- Drawing on her marketing and communications background, over 25 years’ experience in leadership roles and a lifetime of personal growth - Nancy has a keen appreciation of mindset and the power it has to change patterns of behavior. She focuses on building one’s strengths and minimizing weaknesses through enrichment, feedback, self-discovery, and actionable plans.
- Nancy is an author of a children’s book and a dynamic motivational speaker. She’s a monthly contributor to CBS-affiliate KMOV’s, News4 Great Day and KTRS radio as well as a regular contributor to other TV, radio, and print media.
Don’t let tension derail your team. This workshop will equip you with the tools you need to better manage and defuse conflict in the workplace before it escalates and gets ugly.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios