Delegation for Women Leaders: Convey Authority and Empower Employees
Leaders often want to do it all, but great leaders know that you need to delegate effectively to avoid stretching yourself too thin. Assigning the right person to the right role or task is one of the most powerful tools for women leaders. HOW you delegate can make the difference in how the new responsibility is carried out.
As you move up, delegation becomes even more important. Letting go of what you know how to do best, will free you to step into more strategic roles. Perfecting the skill and art of delegation will allow you to focus on higher leadership responsibilities and create a better work-life balance.
Register for this webinar to discover:
- Getting into the delegation mindset: You don't need to do everything
- Delegation essentials: Proven strategies you can enact right away
- Keys to transferring knowledge so they do it how you need it done
- Strategies to identify what should be delegated and what shouldn't
- Avoiding delegation dangers: What you shouldn't do when delegating
Getting Started with Delegation: Proven Ways to Get More Done
- What happens if you don't delegate and identify what is holding you back
- Re-usable analysis process to accurately decide what to delegate
- Methods to let go of your tasks and entrust them to others to perform
Set Them Up for Success: Ensure Employees Can Handle Delegated Tasks
- Use delegation, not dumping: How to gather and transfer information
- Identify the most effective ways to get it from your head to theirs
- Tailor your delegation style for each employee's level of readiness and learning
- Keys to ensuring delegated tasks are completed to your standards
Avoid the Dangers of Delegation: Prevent the Boomerang
- How to use their "Motivators" to create buy-in and prevent avoidance
- Assure accountability through appropriate follow-up
- Strategies to recalibrate delegation and what to do if it doesn't work
Live Q&A Session – Have your delegation questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Janelle Brittain has more than 30 years of business experience in management, communications, training, marketing and sales. She holds an Executive MBA and is a Certified Speaking Professional, the highest earned designation from the National Speakers Association.
- She established the Dynamic Performance Institute in 1989, to share these techniques with others. Since then she has delivered more than 2000 programs to Fortune 100 companies such as Chrysler, CNA Insurance and IBM as well as entrepreneurial companies and non-profits.
- She spent ten years in complex, high tech sales for XEROX and Control Data. During this time, she discovered techniques, which skyrocketed her to top performer nationwide with both companies.
- During her 20+ years as an internationally known consultant, speaker, coach, facilitator and trainer, she has helped tens of thousands in management, leadership, team building, communications, handling change, productivity and customer service.
- Janelle is the author of six published books, including the recently published How to Say It Performance Reviews: Phrases and Strategies for Effortless, Powerful, Pain-free Reviews and Star Team Dynamics: 12 Lessons Learned from Experienced Team Builders, and has produced a training film and a number of audios.
Join us for this can't-miss, 60-minute webinar to discover how to delegate effectively, develop your team members through delegation and avoid mistakes when delegating.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios