They’re the largest generation in the workforce and the most challenging to manage by most accounts. The good news: Women are better suited to manage/oversee millennials, asserts workplace expert Meghan Godorov.
In listening to this highly informative podcast with Meghan you’ll learn:
- What reverse mentoring is and why it’s key to building relationships with Millennials
- How this generation defines “having it all”
- Why the Millennial “entreployee” model is good for today’s workplace
- That understanding what you have in common with Millennials will make you a stronger manager (hint: there’s a simple quiz)
Here’s a bit more background about Meghan:
- Meghan speaks nationally on topics such as women’s leadership, salary negotiation and preparing for the job search.
- Through Meghan Godorov Consulting she offers individualized coaching sessions and small group workshops to inspire, educate and mentor women who want to grow and lead themselves and others more effectively in this changing workplace landscape.
- Her advice has appeared in the Huffington Post College blog, Higher Ed Beyond the University, NerdScholar, and Good.co.
- Meghan holds a master’s degree in student affairs and higher education from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania and bachelor’s degree in psychology and women’s studies from Franklin & Marshall College.
All of the great resources Meghan references in this podcast are right here:
- “How Millennial Are You?” Quiz by Pew Research Center
- The Millennial Survey 2016 and The Millennial Survey 2014 by Deloitte
- Becoming the Boss: New Rules for the Next Generation of Leaders by Lindsey Pollack (book)
- Their Roaring Thirties: Brutally Honest Career Talk From Women Who Beat The Youth Trap by Denise Restauri (Kindle book)
- “Are You an Entre-Ployee? How to Be an Entrepreneur and Employee Simultaneously” by Mikkela Blanton (article)
- “To Cultivate In-House Innovation, Foster the Entreployee” from Colonial Life Small Business Hub (article)
- “From Employee to ‘Entreployee’: Towards a ‘Self-Entrepreneurial’ Work Force?” by Hans J. Pongratz & G. Guenter Voss (PDF)
- Branding Yourself – In 5 Easy Steps (video)