Kristy Arbogast is an inspiring role model. Successful professional life. Strong family life.
This doesn’t happen by accident.
Kristy made specific decisions throughout her life to get here. Some created the space to spend time with her growing, young family. Others to build her career as a leading expert in the field of concussions for children.
Here are highlights of this highly practical podcast with Kristy Arbogast:
- Balancing professional and personal responsibilities: keys to fighting the urge to take on too much.
- How to approach meetings when you are the only woman in the room.
- Keys to mentoring. How mentors have been critical to Kristy’s career and how to approach potential mentors.
- Pivotal moments in her life. Kristy shares two of the critical moments in her career that changed the direction allowing her to focus on her passions.
Here’s more info about Kristy and her background:
- She is currently the Co-Scientific Director of the Center for Injury Research and Prevention at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Kristy has a PhD in Bioengineering from the University of Pennsylvania and is a Research Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine.
- Most recently Kristy’s focus has been around increasing the safety of our children – specifically around the topic of concussions. The demand for her research brings her all over the world – as she has recently presented in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Sweden, Germany and Japan.
- Kristy has been happily married for 23 years with 2 kids (one in high school and the other in college).