The first week of October is Customer Service Week! We want to give you the best resources to help you and your team succeed.
One of our experts, Myra Golden, is a Customer Service rockstar and has some great tips and ideas for celebrating this week with your team on her blog:
Are you still trying to figure out how to celebrate Customer Service Week?
After the year and a half your team has pulled your company through, don’t let National Customer Service Week pass without an epic celebration of your front line!
Here are three steps to easy National Customer Service Week planning!
1) Have a plan: use these themes for each day of the week to create your schedule:
- MONDAY, October 3 – Service Team Appreciation & Celebration
Let everyone know it’s National Customer Service Week! Have management, customers, and representatives show their appreciation first hand.
Check out Myra’s video on why appreciation is so vital in the workplace and tips for how to show employee appreciation this week:
Hold a virtual lunch & learn, celebrate employees.
- Wednesday, October 5 – Customer Experience, Journey & Understanding
Creating positive experiences for employees and for customers! Create team-building activities and have a “kudos” day to say thank you.
- Thursday, October 6 – Service Innovation
Recognize behaviors as well as outcomes. Take recognition beyond your walls – go online and use company communication outlets to post success stories about your service superstars.
- Friday, October 7 – Best In Show!
Celebrate your team with the resources in step two below!
2) Have H.E.A.R.T: create positive experiences to recognize and reward your team’s extraordinary efforts in Helping others, Exceeding expectations, Achieving goals, Responding with care, and thriving through Teamwork.
Celebrate! Download certificates of appreciation and accomplishment, kudos cards, and thank you tweets here!
3) Have fun: promote your events, decorate, play games and take this week to come together (even if virtually). Feel free to use these ideas and customer service week activities to make your celebration memorable.
About the Author
Myra Golden is a favorite training partner to Fortune 500 companies with her customized, engaging, behavior-changing (and fun) customer service workshops, working with large brands like McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, and Vera Bradley. Before becoming the go-to trainer for some of the world’s biggest brands, Myra was the Global Head of Consumer Affairs for Thrifty Rent-a-Car System.
- Myra was named one of the top 100 Rising Stars by Travel Agent Magazine for her landmark work in leading her team to restore customer confidence after service failures.
- Myra has a master’s degree in human relations and a bachelor’s degree in psychology, helping her to understand the challenges of developing the best customer experience as it relates to the psychology of the employees.