Women's Leadership: Key Leadership Skills to Boost Your Career
Top women leaders of today will tell you the secret to their success is balancing the right amount of management and leadership skills. Knowing the difference between being a manager and being a leader is a crucial step to moving your career to the next level. In this 60-minute training webinar you and your colleagues will learn:
- How your power & authority can be helpful - and when it can be destructive
- When your team expects you to lead vs. manage – what’s the difference?
- Advanced motivation skills to turn around declining moral
- Communication skills top women leaders use in the toughest situations
- How to perfect your strategic thinking to get to the next level
Manager v. Leader: Understanding the Difference
- 3 Keys to inspire peak performance and grow your career
- Why skill knowledge isn’t enough: Sharpen your strategic thinking
- Avoid the trap of thinking authority is enough & other career killers
Why Authenticity is Vital to Being a Women Leader & How to Boost Yours
- Discover how to handle mistakes: Yours and others
- Master the art of giving praise that genuinely makes an impact
- Leverage "power questions" to create buy-in and results
How Women Can Lead with Empowerment & Confidence
- Inspiration killers - avoid the common mistakes that crush motivation
- Communicate with confidence: Power words & phrases to boost motivation
- 3 crucial skills sets: Delegation, feedback, and goal-setting
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Pamela Jett is an internationally recognized presenter and author on developing leadership skills and improving workplace relationships. Her background includes:
- With over 20 years of experience as a leadership communication expert, Pamela has delivered thousands of keynotes, training sessions, and webinars to more than 200,000 people around the globe.
- She has worked with clientele ranging from the high-tech sector and manufacturing to women's groups and government agencies. Here is a partial list: Lockheed Martin, Allstate Insurance, Sony, The United Way and NASA.
- She is specifically known for her programs that take participants beyond theory to hands-on application for immediate results
This program is specifically designed to provide women professionals with the tools to balance key management and leadership skills and advance their career. Women will learn strategic ways to rejuvenate their careers, sharpen their competitive skills, and explore and define new career directions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios