Women's Leadership Development: Mentoring Emerging Leaders
Mentoring is an important part of a successful women's initiative program to develop and promote other women into leadership roles. However, many women professionals say they haven't been part of a successful mentoring program. When created properly, these programs help both mentor and mentee develop essential career-building relationships, while increasing productivity and innovation in their organization. Join us to discover:
- Women's Initiative Program: Mentoring Women to Become Effective Leaders
- Keys to Developing Successful Mentor-Mentee Relationships
- Tips for a Successful Mentoring Program in your Organization
Women's Initiative Program: Mentoring Women to Become Effective Leaders
- Keys to creating strong women leaders in your organization
- Driving business improvements and innovation through mentoring
- How mentoring improves employee retention, training and satisfaction
Keys to Developing Successful Mentor-Mentee Relationships
- The Mentor & the Mentee: How each will benefit from the relationship
- Essential Mentoring Skills: Building trust and communication
- How and who should you ask to be your mentor?
- The 4 Types of Mentoring: Which is the best fit for you?
Tips for a Successful Mentoring Program in your Organization
- Getting management on board with a mentoring program
- Recruiting participants to participate in your mentoring program
- Tools for matching the right mentee with the right mentor
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Tara Powers, is an award winning leadership expert, sought after national speaker, experienced talent development consultant and crusader against boring, ineffective employee engagement initiatives and leadership training. Her success in working with over 200 companies and thousands of leaders has taught her how to achieve the results company executives want and still make sure the attendees are having fun in the process.
- Tara is a 20-year talent development expert with a M.S. in Organizational Leadership, a coaching certificate from ATD and a Certified Training Manager. She's a Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Authorized Facilitator and Everything DISC Solutions Provider.
- In 2016, Tara's ENGAGE! Leadership Program was recognized as a Top 10% Leadership 500 Award winner by HR.com. Her Evolving Leadership Virtual Program and her Leadership Communication program won in 2014 and 2015.
- Tara's commitment to her clients is to close the skills gap that is prevalent in most companies today and to deliver innovative, fully customizable solutions that actually work and create real change for you and your teams. Find out more at powersresourcecenter.com
In this 60-minute webinar, women professionals will learn how to become successful leaders by taking part in an effective mentoring program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios