Women's Leadership: Seven Strategies for Highly Effective Coaching (Tom-recording)
Effective coaching is an essential skill leaders need to help employees develop. Women leaders excel at coaching, but are often met with resistance in the workplace. This program provides women professionals with techniques to confidently provide direction and feedback, and motivate them to perform at their highest level. Join us to learn:
- Coaching strategies to lead and engage your team
- Communication tools for providing clear directions
- How you can ensure your message is getting across
- Tips for providing positive & corrective feedback
Effective Coaching Techniques for Women Professionals
- Proven coaching model you can use with your employees now
- Directive vs. Facilitative Approaches to coaching: Which works best?
- Determining the right approach to fit the situation and person
Motivating Your Team to Succeed: Coaching Tips from Top Women Leaders
- Using accountability & responsibility as powerful coaching tools
- Communication tips to ensure your message is being received
- How attitude and perspective impacts the way we coach
Delivering Feedback: Keys to Keeping Your Team On Track
- Ways to provide effective feedback with confidence and tack
- Positive vs. Corrective Feedback: When to use each approach
- 3-step feedback process to keep employees engaged
Live Question & Answer – Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Tara Powers, is an award winning leadership expert, sought after national speaker, experienced talent development consultant and crusader against boring, ineffective employee engagement initiatives and leadership training. Her success in working with over 200 companies and 1000’s of leaders has taught her how to achieve the results company executives want and still make sure the attendees are having fun in the process.
- Tara is a 20-year talent development expert with a M.S. in Organizational Leadership, a coaching certificate from ATD and a Certified Training Manager. She’s a Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Authorized Facilitator and Everything DISC Solutions Provider.
- In 2016, Tara’s ENGAGE! Leadership Program was recognized as a Top 10% Leadership500 Award winner by HR.com. Her Evolving Leadership Virtual Program and her Leadership Communication program won in 2014 and 2015.
- Tara’s commitment to her clients is to close the skills gap that is prevalent in most companies today and to deliver innovative, fully customizable solutions that actually work – and create real change for you and your teams. Find out more at powersresourcecenter.com
In this 60-minute program, women professionals will learn practical, effective coaching techniques you can put to use immediately in your workplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios