Leadership Under Pressure: Managing Through the Uncertainty and Change
Whether you’re back in the office or continuing to work remotely, feeling stressed out and overwhelmed can negatively impact your productivity, leadership, and effectiveness.
Not to mention, the added pressure of adapting your leadership for the ongoing uncertainty and constant changes.
It’s a lot of stress piling up that can easily lead to burnout.
While we can’t make all that pressure disappear, we can help better manage job and leadership stressors.
Join us for a strategic workshop to learn how to manage the stress and anxiety, find ways to plan for the unpredictable, and ultimately, assess and take calculated risks for yourself and your team without feeling more overwhelmed.
You’ll walk away with:
- Strategies to weather the unexpected, be it heightened demands or unanticipated disruptions
- Best practices for the pervasive 24/7 work culture that remote work has brought about while managing work-life balance
- Ways to stay energized, engaged, and avoid emotional fatigue (amongst other types)
- Actionable steps for agility, strategy, and efficiency as the uncertainty continues
- Easy steps you can take to better manage your stress levels and avoid feeling overwhelmed
How to lead when you’re feeling overwhelmed or burnt out
- Find the best way to reduce your stress and boost morale during challenging times
- Stay committed and connected while setting healthy boundaries
- Strike the balance between maximum productivity and overworking yourself
- Identify your personal triggers for pressure and stress that derail your productivity and wellbeing
Techniques to keep calm and inspire your employees in times of stress and uncertainty
- Quickly respond to changing trends, innovation, destabilization, and industry shifts
- Forecast and address anticipated needs and issues amongst your team more efficiently
- Set expectations for yourself and others in a dynamic, fluid work environment
Walk away from this interactive workshop knowing how to...
- Disrupt the daily patterns that keep you feeling stressed, pressured, and overwhelmed
- Discover strategies that keep your emotions – and everyone else’s - in check and under control
- Use assertive communication to bring structure to yourself and your team in times of chaos
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens has owned and operated Plan B Consulting for more than 15 years. Her services span the full scope of training, assisting, and executing strategic business plans. Michelle assists in plan development, execution, and various other aspects of operational excellence. In addition, she facilitates meetings and retreats in project management, leadership, ethics, and other interpersonal topics for various types of entrepreneurs and organizations worldwide.
- Michelle is a mentor for students and alumni at Northwestern University, amongst other organizations, assisting professionals of all levels with their personal and professional development.
- Michelle is on the faculty of the American Management Association and of NeighborWorks America, where she teaches numerous different strategic planning, management, and analytical seminars to business professionals around the world. She is also on the business faculty at the College of DuPage.
- Michelle previously served as the first Dean of the School of Business at Kendall College. She built and managed all aspects of the school, including faculty and curriculum selection and assessment, as well as program development and enhancement.
Handling negative emotions (both yours and others) under pressure is a critical leadership skill. With this interactive workshop, you can keep yourself calm, cool, and collected under pressure. Learn how to manage the pressure and high-intensity situations during these unprecedented times.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios