Get What You Deserve: Valuing Your Value
Many of us often shy away from asking for more and better. More money. Better working arrangements. A larger team. Better access to resources.Whether a woman leader is negotiating a contract, lobbying for more resources or seeking a promotion - negotiation skills are imperative for success.
The ability to negotiate successfully in today's turbulent business climate can make the difference between success and failure.
This program provides women leaders with the tools and techniques they need to confidently negotiate for the resources they need to be successful in their careers and personal lives.
- Develop the best strategies to prepare for a negotiation
- Leverage your value and successfully achieve your goals
- Present with ease and confidence during tough conversations
Be prepared to aim high and feel confident in the best outcome
- Good negotiating comes from a positive mindset: Master it
- Overcome the negativity that holds you back and causes you to undersell yourself
- Achieve better results with a compelling, self-assured presentation
Make your request and don’t settle for anything less than what you deserve
- Be prepared to be assertive and challenge obstacles standing in your way (while remembering the differences between assertive and aggressive)
- Express your side without anger, defensiveness or accusations
- Don’t be so busy making your point heard that you forget to listen
Do your homework and have an actionable plan to get what you want
- Doing your research and being prepared is vital for a successful negotiation
- Understand both sides of the equation to make accurate, beneficial decisions
- When you only focus on your own limitations, you miss the big picture
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Ellie Nieves is a women’s leadership speaker, writer, coach and podcaster dedicated to helping high-achieving women to show up, speak up and step up in their careers. She is the Founder & President of Leadership Strategies for Women, LLC where she develops seminars, webinars, and coaching programs for companies and associations that want to grow their emerging women leaders into effective managers and executives. She also coaches women one-on-one who want to achieve more both personally and professionally.
- Ellie launched her career as a young lawyer in NYC politics. She was often the youngest and many times the only woman sitting at the table. Ellie eventually transitioned to the private sector. Today, she is Vice President and Counsel of Government Affairs for a Fortune 250 company where she briefs and provides strategic advice to the CEO and senior management on relevant legislative and political issues.
- Ellie is also a founding member of the company’s Diversity and Inclusion Council and launched the company’s first employee resource group for women.
- Ellie earned her B.A. in communications from Fordham University and a J.D. from the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University. She received her MBA from the NYU Stern School of Business with specializations in Leadership and Global Business.
Some of us are afraid to ask. Some of us do ask, but stop short of asking for what we really want or what we’re truly worth. But whatever your reason, I probably don’t have to tell you that, by not asking, you’re missing out on more than just money; you’re putting your long-term opportunities and earning potential at stake. If you’ve ever stopped or given up before negotiating your true market value, this training is for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios