Fast-Track Your Career: Finding the Mentor Who’s Right for You
Looking to advance your career, broaden your skill set, and achieve your full potential? Having a mentor is one of the top ways to get there.
Wouldn’t it be great to find that perfect person who’ll take an active interest in your career, help guide you, and give you a boost when you’re feeling stuck?
But finding the right mentor and building a relationship with them isn’t something that just happens automatically. It takes work.
How do you take that first step that can be so vital to your career? How can you find the right person to be your mentor? And how do you do it if working remotely?
You’re invited to attend a 60-minute workshop where you’ll learn exactly that. Join us to discover the keys to identify a potential mentor, establish the relationship and maximize it. Discover:
- How to find the mentor who’s right for you - and whom to avoid
- Proven ways to take the first step and make the ask – minus the awkwardness – even when working remotely
- Getting the most out of your relationship - for both of you
- How to assess an ongoing mentor relationship - and when an adjustment or change is needed
- And much more
Finding the Right Mentor
- What are the general qualifications and characteristics of a great mentor?
- How can I tell whether a specific mentor is right for me?
- Effective ways to make the ask – even in today’s remote work era - that lower stress, reduce awkwardness and have a higher chance of success
Getting the Most Out of Your Relationship
- What does a good mentor relationship look like - and how do I get there?
- What can a mentor realistically do for me and my career?
- How does mentorship differ from sponsorship?
- Structuring your relationship so that both of you benefit (don’t worry, it’s not as formal as it sounds)
- What are some of the danger signs in a mentor relationship?
- How to rekindle things when they seem stuck in neutral
- When and how to end a mentor relationship - without ruining your career
About the Speaker
Gail Golden, MBA, Ph.D., has over two decades of success helping people hit peak performance, maximize their achievements and accomplish their most important goals. A licensed psychologist, she’s the Principal of Gail Golden Consulting, an international network of senior management psychologists and consultants.
She’s given countless workshops to business leaders and employees and has taught courses at the Booth School of Business of the University of Chicago.
- Gail has extensive experience as a public speaker and media commentator, and has been quoted in Fast Company, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Today's Chicago Woman, Crain’s Chicago Business, The Chicago Tribune, and numerous other publications.
- Gail’s book, Curating Your Life, was published by Rowman & Littlefield in April 2020. Based on what she’s learned over more than two decades of helping leaders of all types maximize their achievements, Curating Your Life is full of advice on how to direct your energy toward identifying and accomplishing your most important goals.
- Current and former clients include Best Buy, BMO Harris Bank, The Chicago Architecture Center, Northern Trust, Mead Johnson, Table XI, Vi Living, and Weber Shandwick, among many others.
- She serves on the Women’s Board of the University of Chicago, has been elected to the International Women’s Forum, and coordinates the Chicago Coaching Roundtable, a local network of leading executive coaches.
After this online workshop you’ll be able to build a successful mentor relationship that will advance your career, broaden your skill set and help you achieve your potential. You'll learn how to identify a potential mentor, structure the relationship for maximum benefit to both parties and maintain that relationship over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios