Essential Skills for Effective Virtual Meetings, Presentations & Collaboration
Are you now faced with having to lead meetings or presentations virtually…and not sure where to start?
Are you wondering how you can effectively connect with your remote team, especially if they can’t see you or you can’t see them?
The ability to engage an online audience, hold their attention and present with confidence are essential for women leaders during this stressful time.
Learn how to create and deliver seamless communications that allow you to provide the right information in a clear way, while also allowing participants to respond and collaborate. In our 60-minute event you’ll learn how to:
- Determine what, where, and when to use the technology available to you
- Plan and create effective presentation and meetings
- Deliver previously face-to-face meetings online without losing impact
- Engage your audiences whether speaking to 1 or 1000
- Minimize distractions and keep the focus on the content
A Note to Our Valued Attendees Impacted by COVID-19:
We understand that due to Covid-19, most people are working remotely and in multiple locations, so we’re granting access to accommodate such situations.
After registering, simply reply to your invite email with a list of all the folks who will need additional access links.
Leading Remote Meetings & Presentations
- Using online tools and methods to connect with your team, vendors and customers
- Best practices for before, after, and during online meetings and communications
- Top tips for developing presentation materials to enhance your message
- Pace your meeting /presentation to make best use of the time, without running out of time
Deliver Polished Presentation Like a Pro
- Presenting to an audience when you can’t see or hear them
- Do’s and don’ts for when you’re on (web)camera
- Keeping your energy level up from start to finish
- Avoid overuse of the verbal distractors in delivery (such as “uhm” and “like”)
- Keys to calm your nerves both before and during an online session
About the Speaker
In addition to corporate experience in several industries, Michelle Coussens has owned and operated Plan B Consulting for more than ten years. Her services span training and guidance in preparing strategic and business plans, assisting in plan development and execution, and various other aspects of operational excellence. In addition, she facilitates meetings and retreats in project management, leadership, ethics and other interpersonal topics, and she conducts market analysis and competitive intelligence for various types of entrepreneurs and organizations worldwide.
- Michelle was the founding Chair of the Illinois Diversity Council Board of Directors and is a member of the Northwestern Council of 100.
- Michelle is on the faculty of the American Management Association and of NeighborWorks® America, where she teaches numerous different strategic planning, management, and analytical seminars to business professionals around the world, teaches classroom seminars and online webinars for the Real Estate Institute, and she is also on the business faculty at College of DuPage.
- Through her business, she has published more than 150 monthly issues of her newsletter, Planning Possibilities, which is currently distributed worldwide to more than 4,500 clients and contacts.
Join us for this dynamic event to learn what’s needed to effectively connect with your remote audience. Learn how to present or meet effectively while using various virtual tools - whether via webcam, chat, slideshow, audio only, etc. Presenting remotely goes beyond the technical, it takes a special communication style, confidence and preparation to engage your audience online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios