Closing the Compensation Gap: What You Need to Know About the Salary-History Ban
In an effort to close the pay gap between men and women, a growing number of states, counties and municipalities are enacting statutes and ordinances prohibiting governmental and/or private employers from asking about an applicant’s compensation history and basing comp negotiations and offers on that information. The idea is that removing salary history from hiring and compensation decisions will level the playing field between applicants and put a stop to practices that force women to carry their lower pay status from old to new jobs. How do these new regulations affect you and your company?
This 60-minute online training will provide you with the information you need to avoid violations in this ever-changing employment landscape. This fast paced, guidance-rich webinar will help you to discover:
- Why salary inquiry prohibition-type laws (“salary bans”) are being put in place
- How to identify which pay disparity and salary ban laws apply to your organization
- How to rewrite your application and retrain your staff to ask the right questions
Closing the Compensation Gap with Salary-History Prohibitions:
- Existing federal and state laws dealing with the pay disparity issue.
- Which entities are covered by salary-history ban laws
What Salary-History Ban Laws mean to your company:
- The impact of an employer’s pre-existing knowledge of an applicant’s compensation history
- What to do if an applicant voluntarily reveals his/her compensation history
- What to ask candidates in place of the common salary questions during interviews
Violating the Salary Ban: Where do you go from here?
- Discover the liabilities and possible penalties to both individual managers and organizations under salary-history prohibition
- How to change your policies and practices to protect your organization and managers in the future
Live Question and Answer Session with attendees!
About the Speaker
Max Muller possesses more than 40 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman, and consultant. For many years Max held various operating and executive positions with distribution and information technology companies.
- In 1990, he began a consulting and professional speaking practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of Workplace Legalities, Inventory Control/Cycle Counting, and OSHA.
- Max has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars, podcasts and audio-conferences throughout the United States, England and Canada, attended or participated in by over 100,000 individuals.
- Max has authored numerous one and multi-day seminars and workshops, training video scripts, and internet distance learning materials for a number of adult continuing education organizations. And, is the author of the best-selling SHRM-published book, “The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know”, Second Edition.
Join us for this 60-minute online training to gain a firm understanding of how salary-history bans affect your organization’s hiring procedures, and what you need to do to protect your staff and organization from landing in hot water.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios