Bully Proof Your Workplace: A Leader's Guide to Dealing with Difficult People
Most managers or supervisors dread confronting that employee who is particularly difficult to work with. When your employee is excellent at their job, the task can get even more troublesome.
What about a difficult client or customer? The customer may “always be right” but there are boundaries that need to be put into place.
How can you manage expectations and set boundaries without losing a valuable resource? Join us for this high-impact, 60-minute training to learn:
- Conduct constructive discussions with consistency
- Forge productive relationships based off the Aikido Principle
- Eliminate the stress of difficult conversations
- Strategies to interact with and understand difficult personalities
Preparing to listen instead of preparing just to respond (even if you don't feel like they deserve it)
- Listening with the intent to understand, rather than with the intent to reply and defend
- Applying the principle of acknowledgement to de-escalate and communicate effectively
- Creating a culture of proactivity in the face of difficult conversations, meetings or interactions
Saying what you mean, meaning what you say and not being mean when you say it
- Training employees to be assertive but not rude when dealing with tough customers
- Teaching the Aikido Principle so you are never guilty of counter-attacking
- Blending problematic personalities and attitudes to ensure that everyone feels understood (because when people feel understood or heard- they calm down!)
Feeling like you have the power, confidence and control over difficult situations or interactions
- Setting boundaries and deciding when enough is enough
- Getting to the root of the problem if the difficult person is on your own team
- Following up: Long term solutions for changes in behavior or interactions
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Myra is a favorite training partner to Fortune 500 companies with her customized, engaging, behavior-changing (and fun) customer service workshops, working with McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, Vera Bradley, and other brands.
- Myra has a master’s degree in human relations and a bachelor’s degree in psychology, helping her to understand the challenges of developing the best customer experience as it relates to the psychology of the employees.
- Before becoming the go-to trainer for the world’s biggest brands, Myra was the Global Head of Consumer Affairs for Thrifty Rent-a-Car System.
- She was named one of the top 100 Rising Stars by Travel Agent Magazine for her landmark work in leading her team to restore customer confidence after service failures.
Engage conflict productively. Handle issues with fellow employees or customers with confidence, ease, and in such a way that maintains the esteem of the other person and reaches a solution that works for all. Join us for this 60-minute Women's Leadership training to discover powerful tools to eliminate tension on your own team and deal with difficult people without losing business or resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios