Create a No Excuse Culture: Set & Manage Realistic Expectations for Your Tea
It’s not enough to just set expectations for your team.
As a leader, you need to nurture a culture of accountability, drive, and passion with your team.
If you’re not communicating your expectations clearly, or in a way that motivates your team, you’re missing the biggest factor in leading a high-performance team.
If you’ve been feeling frustrated with tasks falling through the cracks or burned out trying to get your team to follow through and grow, this is the workshop for you.
In this strategic, info-packed leadership training, you’ll learn:
- Why setting expectations with your team is a two-way street that requires effort and accountability from both sides
- The common pitfalls leaders make when setting expectations – and why they fall flat
- How to set better expectations with compassion, confidence, and conviction
- Proven ways to gain buy-in from your team when setting expectations, so they
Program Benefits & Highlights
When it comes to responsibility in the workplace – it's all about the follow through. Walk away from this 60-minute webinar with the tools and strategies you need to set, manage and maintain expectations for yourself and your team.
Evaluate and Set Expectations that Push and Challenge Your Team
- How to reset expectations if you’ve been too lax or passive in the past
- Give constructive feedback and communicate expectations that help your team grow
- What to do when the understanding is there – but the follow through isn’t
Accountability for Yourself, Your Team, and the Impact You Make
- Why a “set it and forget it” mindset is holding you (and your team) back
- How to assess behavior, identify roadblocks, and set healthy boundaries
- Keys to uncover what motivates your team, inspires them, and encourages them to want to do better
Set Reasonable Limits and Control Unattainable Expectations
- How to eliminate excuses and overcome self-imposed limitations to help your team
- Cultivate a supportive environment, while ensuring your expectations are clear
- How to keep projects and people moving forward – without feeling pushy or mean
About the Speaker
Ashley Cox, PHR, SHRM-CP, is the Founder and CEO of SproutHR where she is an HR consultant and leadership mentor for women. She and her team simplify and streamline your HR processes and help you develop the skills needed to lead a high-performance team. Ashley is also the author of Transform Your Stories, which helps women overcome the toxic stories that are holding them back so they can become more confident, courageous leaders and create greater impact in the world.
- After spending a decade working in the corporate world in Leadership and Human Resources roles for companies such as J.Crew and Kroger, where she participated in the development of several company-wide training initiatives, Ashley started her own practice, working virtually with women across the country and around the world.
- Ashley has been recognized as a 40 Under 40 recipient by the Tri-Cities Business Journal and was honored as one of The Rising Tide Society's and HoneyBook's 20 On the Rise winners in both 2018 and 2019. Her work has been featured in various online publications, including the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), where she also serves as a Subject Matter Expert.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios