Assertive Communication Skills for Career Success
Assertiveness and confidence are winning attributes of highly-effective, top women professionals in the workplace. Finding the right balance between assertive or aggressive can make or break how other perceive you, your ability and your leadership.
For some people, speaking up in heightened situations is intimidating. Gain the skills you need to express yourself effectively and build credibility.
- Express your opinions with confidence and diplomacy
- Avoid coming across as overly aggressive - or weak
- Respond to criticism with poise and professionalism
A Note to Our Valued Attendees Impacted by COVID-19:
We understand that due to Covid-19, most people are working remotely and in multiple locations, so we’re granting access to accommodate such situations.
After registering, simply reply to your invite email with a list of all the folks who will need additional access links.
Communicate Assertively - not Aggressively - for Success
- Develop confidence in your own judgment - and project it
- Strategy: Analyze the situation and people
- Powerful words women should use and weak words to avoid
Effective Tips and Techniques for Women Professionals Today
- Find balance between "being too nice" and "coming on too strong"
- How you can say "No" without feeling guilty
- Use your voice, body postures and tone to project confidence
Handling Criticism and Difficult Situations with Composure
- How to handle any form of criticism or feedback professionally
- Handling challenges women face when communicating with men
- Manage your “Hot Buttons” so you don’t become defensive
Questions? - Hear expert answers for real-world scenarios!
About the Speaker
Janelle Brittain, CSP, MBA- Janelle is CEO of the Dynamic Performance Institute, a company dedicated to performance excellence for managers and leaders.
- For 30 years Janelle has guided leaders to strategically grow their people, themselves and their companies, while juggling demanding challenges.
- Janelle delivers leadership knowledge and insights to thousands via training, executive coaching and speaking across every industry to companies and associations in the U.S., Asia, North and South America.
- Janelle is the author/coauthor of six published books, including "How to Say It Performance Reviews: Phrases and Strategies for Effortless, Powerful, Pain-free Reviews" and over 100 business publications have sought her insights, such as The Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily and Crain’s Chicago’s Business.
- She holds an Executive MBA and is a Certified Speaking Professional, the highest earned designation from the National Speakers Association.
This 60-minute workshop with teach crucial communication skills you need to take your leadership to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an On-Demand Webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a pre-recorded webinar that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker and a question and answer period.
Can I still ask questions during the question and answer session?
Yes, if you have a question that was not answered during the event you can email it to the conference moderator. We will have your questions answered by the expert!back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts provided.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
Can I listen to the on-demand webinar recording more than once?
Yes, you can watch the recording as many times as you would like.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios