The Art of Improv and Business: How to Think on Your Feet
It happens to everyone – that moment of hesitation when you’re caught off guard and must speak without time to prepare. Whether you’re pulled into a meeting or have to present a 5-minute business plan, as you start to ramble in a quivering voice, you realize you have no idea how to make the most of these impromptu moments. A great communicator can speak with confidence in any setting or situation and at a moment’s notice…or with no notice at all.
Discover ways you can deliver a polished performance even in high-stakes situations where you need to shine when faced with the unexpected. This 60-minute webinar offers you practical tips and techniques to build your “improv muscle” and wow them every time. Join us and learn:
- Techniques to respond convincingly when put on the spot
- Keys to organizing your thoughts without notes or other crutches
- The guidelines of improv and how to apply them when caught off guard
- Tactical tips for handling the unexpected--before, during and after your presentation
The Art of Improvisation: Apply the Rules of Improv When You Speak
- The concept of “yes-and” and why it is so empowering
- How to avoid building walls and using language that shuts down conversations
- What to say when you don’t know what to say… and still sound intelligent
- Ways to add a bit of humor to your presentations
Become More Adept at Sharing Your Ideas on The Spot
- Overcome nervousness and other impromptu-speaking anxieties
- Techniques for responding - rather than reacting - to the unexpected
- How to answer tough questions on the spot - even without “perfect answers”
- Tackle your speaking stressors and adapt in the moment to the unexpected
Stay Cool and Collected: Connect with Your Audience in A Meaningful Way
- Make a polished, professional first impression when being introduced
- Keys to responding appropriately to emotionally charged situations
- Strategies to easily transform an ordinary idea into a brilliant one
- Ways to publicly recognize others for accomplishments and contributions
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
As a humorous speaker and communication coach, Julie Ostrow teaches organizations and corporate teams to use improv skills to improve creativity, communication, team building, problem solving, and productivity with their clients and within their organizations. Trained at The Second City in Chicago, Ostrow teaches the benefits of using humor, laughter, and improv in all aspects of our lives, including in the workplace.
- Having more than 20 years of corporate marketing communications experience, Ostrow is able to identify the trigger points of miscommunication and low morale in the corporate culture. By infusing her corporate experience with her humor, laughter, and improv tools, she is able to guide organizations to communication, connection, and creativity, resulting in re-inspired teams and increased productivity.
- Ostrow's enthusiasm and passionate spirit, combined with her comedic insight, help to make her a warm and engaging presenter and workshop facilitator. Her personal motto, "find the funny," helps her to find humor in everyday moments and in life's seemingly most difficult situations–and she'll help your teams do the same! And having won The First-Ever American Laughing Championship (2013) ensures that there will always be some laughter in Ostrow’s presentations!
In this 60-minute webinar you will laugh with humorous speaker and communication coach, Julie Ostrow, while you simultaneously master the art of the unexpected. The techniques you’ll learn will give you anxiety-busting tools and help you see impromptu presentations as opportunities. You’ll never be caught off guard again!
Frequently Asked Questions
|How do I register?||What if I lose my access information?|
|What is Webinar Training?||Can more than one person listen in?|
|Do I need special equipment?||When do I get the program materials?|
|How does the question and answer session work?|
How do I register?
Click here for the online registration form or call us at 800-964-6033.
What is Webinar Training?
Webinar training is a live event that includes session handouts, interactive training with the speaker, and interactive question & answer period.back to top
Do I need special equipment?
A computer with access to the Internet is all the equipment you need. Just click the link to access the website and enter your information. That's it. Follow along with the Webinar handouts rovided in advance.back to top
What if I lose my access information?
No problem. Simply call 800-964-6033 or request it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to top
Can more than one person listen in?
Absolutely. Your registration fee is per location. For multiple users, you can use speakers and a projector.back to top
When do I get the program materials?
Approximately 3-5 days before the webinar, you will be e-mailed a link where you can download the presentation materials.back to top
How does the question and answer session work?
During the webinar, you can chat your questions in the chat box. Also, the moderator will instruct you to ask questions at the end.back to top
If you have any more questions that were not answered here please contact a customer service representative at 800-964-6033.
What some of our Passionate Fans are saying about our programs
“As a woman emotions are sometimes difficult to master and this gives me some tools and techniques to deal with others around me both above and below me.” – B. Harris
“I thought the ideas were important and nuanced and presented in a way which was helpful to me.” – Janet Griffin
“I really enjoyed the insights given by the "superstar tips" they were simple but powerful! Just keep up the great job of offering more e-learning for the busy work world. Thank you!” – L. Zielsdorf
“This course brought out thoughts that I had not considered in dealing with difficult people or situations I encounter in my work.” – K. Bohachek
“This training was clear and concise with real life examples.” – E. Palazzo
“Great overview of topic; makes me hungry for more! This was just the tip of the iceberg...but thought provoking.” – S. Killinger
“I will not be taking things personally as much and do the math in my head to calm down before jumping to any decisions/comments. This was very useful information to apply in my personal life as well.” – J. Langan
What our Passionate Fans gained from our programs that will help them do their job better
"Being an assertive communicator which shows respect for both parties. I will also try to break the bad habits by using words that discount my reputation with others." – A. Jones
"The Progressive Women's Leadership program has had a remarkable impact on my management and communication styles. Their unique focus on the woman’s perspective increases the relevance of the courses to a level I have not previously encountered. In addition to teaching practical strategies and tips that I am able to implement immediately, additional suggested materials help continue my learning after a course ends. All of this has made Progressive Women’s Leadership one of the most valuable learning experiences since receiving my MBA. I am looking forward to continuing my leadership education with them." – K. Goldbach
"I gained so many valuable tips that will help me do my job better. In the live presentation I learned how to be an assertive communicator by using the right words, putting the subject line first and not feeling guilty when saying 'no.' There were so many excellent tips that I can implement to be a more effective, confident communicator. In the materials, I learned how to structure thought processes and use a 9 step approach to provide a crisp and clear core idea so that all stakeholders buy in at the end." – B. Pasceri
"The live presentation was great! It gave me skills to be a stronger communicator and how to say 'no.' What also resonated with me was one of the first presentations when we had to sort the words into two categories. It made me realize that I may have one, and am thinking a specific way, but my staff may not be thinking the same way that I am. Very interesting." – W. Adler
"Establishing a personal mission statement is a new concept that I believe will keep me constantly thinking on how to improve. There were so many helpful tips within this course that I have already implemented and am already seeing results. I am extremely pleased with this course." – J. Rios